Hi and welcome to my blog site. Please enjoy the journey through Japan - The Land of the Rising Sun!

About Student Ambassadors

About Student Ambassadors
Click image for larger view

THE JAPAN ITINERARY

Kyoto - June 21, 22
Hiroshima - June 23
Gifu - June 24, 25
Hakone - June 26
Chiba Home Stay - June 27, 28, 29
Tokyo - June 30, July 1, 2

I'M BACK!!!!! Day 1 and 2

So I'm back from Japan everybody!!!!! I had a wonderful, extraordinary time!!!! There were a total of 37 kids in my group, and all we did the first day was take 3 planes to Osaka, Japan. We drove to Kyoto where our hotel was. The name of our hotel was the Rihga Royal Hotel. The next day my group and I went and saw a traditional tea ceremony at a Buddhist temple. The Buddhist who lived there at the temple talked to us and we got to ask him questions. Next came the part where we got to sample some green tea. The tea was made from powder and it was very bitter. Before we drank the tea we got to eat a sweet bean filled dumpling. I didn't really like it but some of the other kids did.
After the tea ceremony we met another man who took us to see the Ninja Temple. It was huge! There where six buildings that were all connected to each other. Inside of the buildings there where four main rooms. Each room was there for a certain reason. Like one of the rooms was strictly for the wives and concubines of the temple. The only man allowed inside of the room was the owner of the temple.
Once we had finished the tour of the Ninja Temple we went and saw the Golden Pavilion. I took some awesome pictures of the Pavilion and the other temples! But I forgot some of the tour guides names but the only name I do remember is our guide for the whole trip. Her name was Naoko. Well that's all we did on Day 1 and 2!